When I started with Maven, I couldn’t understand a thing, Using Maven creating an eclipse project was the most difficult thing for me.
Today we will explore how quickly we can create a project using maven in eclipse.
What we need:
I am using Eclipse Indigo but steps will remain the same for Eclipse Juno (4.2).
Assuming you have successfully installed Java, Eclipse, Maven, Maven plugin for Eclipse, start eclipse and follow steps outlined below:
- Create a new Maven Project
- Enter other information and click on finish
- Browse to the directory where you have created your project, for e.g. C:\Work\workspace\JPATestProject.
- Open command promt and type in
- Come back to eclipse and refresh your project, your eclipse project using Maven is ready
- Right click on your project – Build Path – Libraries – Add Library – Maven Managed Dependencies